Thursday, January 27, 2011

My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Just caught The Princess Bride on AMC.  It's been forever since I've seen this movie, I must have been about the age of the little boy in it.  Back then I remember not catching, or just simply not understanding a good portion of the dialogue which is arguably the backbone of the movie.  Regardless, since this blog is lacking on movie reviews I figured I'd start somewhere...

The Princess Bride brings gifts for the whole family.  The witty, and sometimes fast paced, dialogue manages to entice adults while kids are just as enthusiastic as the little boy in the movie to hear what happens to the adventuresome swashbucklers next.  I personally found myself waiting in anticipation for Inigo to get his revenge moreso than Westley besting Prince Humperdinck to save Buttercup.  Don't brush this off as just a whimsical girly fairytale filled with romance.  The movie does have a fair share of romance but a far greater share of comedy.  Throw in some adventures that could only be found in a fairytale and you've got the captivating story that is The Princess Bride.

Obviously this isn't in theaters anymore so I can't suggest going to see it that way, however, I would definitely recommend renting this or checking local listings to watch this if you haven't seen it.

-Moviedude22

No comments:

Post a Comment